SchematicEditor crashes when opening a OA schematic
Wednesday 16th September 2020
It's been a couple of years since I've reviewed LE and now that I have an OA database (and some time), I'm renewing my interest in its capabilities. The forum is new since I last visited and I really like it; reviewing all the posts I've learned a trick or too (and also have noted others having the same difficulties as me in some areas).
I have generated schematics and layout using oascript. These files open fine in other tools (e.g. Synopsys custom_compiler and oaviewer) however some of the schematics will cause SchematicEditor to seg fault.
- any of the generated layouts viewed with LE
- schematic symbols viewed with SE
- some schematics (mostly those at lower hierarchy libraries which were hand drawn in the synopsys tool) but not all
- viewing the schematic with LayoutEditor (a good way to see what it visually looks like but obviously no connectivity info)
What doesn't work:
- any of the oascript generated schematics and even several of the hand crafted schematics which have multiple levels of hierarchy (and library references)
I've tried this using the lastest version on both ubuntu 18.04 and windows.
May I privately send you a test case with further details? I suspect once the crashing issue is resolved I will have other questions/features about OA support which will be good to share in the forum.
Jürgen LayoutEditorFull Thursday 17th September 2020
Eric, yes, please send me examples schematics not correctly read in a private mail to email@example.com . We have put a lot of efforts in the schematic in the past to get a compability with other tools and i would expect that the issue you mentioned could easily be fixed with the next update.
Jürgen LayoutEditorFull Friday 18th September 2020
Thanks for providing the example schematic. The crash was related to an incorrect handling of a component parameter display and will be fixed starting with release 20200918. The latest development version fixing it can be downloaded with this link: [https://layouteditor.com/download?release=latest](https://layouteditor.com/download?release=latest)